Archive for January, 2012
2012 Hobie 16 Nationals – Hobie Beach – Port Elizabeth – Friday 27 April – Monday 30 April
(Tuesday 1 May Public Holiday to travel home)
The Event in Brief/Summary:
Entry Fee: R 550.00/boat
Meal/Party Pack: R 200.00/person (which includes below functions)
Tickets for meals/functions for non-participants will be available at registration.
· Thursday 26 April 2012 – Registration from 16:30pm to 19:00pm at PE Beach Yacht Club
· Friday 27 April 2012 – Registration Continues from 8.00am to 10:00am at PE Beach Yacht Club
Skippers Briefing 10:00 – racing to commence not before 11:00
Welcome Function and light meal at PE Beach Yacht Club on Friday evening
· Saturday 28 April 2012 – Racing Continues
Fish-Braai on Saturday evening
· Sunday 29 April 2012 – Racing Continues
Open Evening (no organized function)
· Monday 30 April 2012 – Racing Continues
Prize-Giving Function at Algoa Bay Yacht Club – party till late !!!
Possible Accomodation Options in PE area:
Booking using the above web sites there are apparently NO booking fees i.e. there is possibly some room for negotiation ?
Sites such as Safari Now, NMBT etc charge the accommodation establishments a booking fee which could range from 10 to 20% ?
Other options which may be on the above sites would be:
1. Pine Lodge – this is on Marine Drive and offers Chalets, Camping or Caravan – 041-583 4004
2. Hobie Beach Guest House – 2nd Ave Summerstrand – 041-583 2227 (they used to wetsuits, sailing gear etc)
Should you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Tel: 041-451 3527 (office)
Tel: 041-450 0232 (direct)
Cell: 082 850 6849
FORMAT Offshore Race including a “gate” 24th and Pursuit Bay Race on the 25th
PRIZE GIVING PARTY Complimentary prize giving supper and party tickets will be included in the skipper’s packs according to crew numbers paid for. Additional (Price R80.00p/head) tickets may be purchased at registration for both functions
REGATTA PACKS Regatta packs will be issued at Registration on Thursday 24th February 2011 from 18H00 – 19h00
ACCOMMODATION Accommodation is available at Club Mykonos at special rates for participants in the Mykonos Offshore Regatta.
Booking should be made directly through Club Mykonos, Telephone 0800 226 770 Toll free. Please mention that you are part of the ‘MYKONOS OFFSHORE YACHT RACE”.
CAR PARKING There is free access to Club Mykonos.
AT MYKONOS Limited parking is available at the Marina.
LAUNCHING Tigers may be rigged and launched from the Milnerton Light House car park and
Slipway. There will be security from Thursday 23th 15:00 until Friday 19th 09:30
On completion of the distance race, all Tigers are to sail into the Mykonos harbor and may use the slipway; a boat parking area will be made available. Alternatively can sail to Langebaan and take out on main beach
Knysna Yacht Club is the proud hosts of the Hobie 14 Class National Championship 2012, incorporating the Hobie 16 woman’s National Championships.
The event takes place on the prestigious Knysna Lagoon, commencing Friday, 17th February 2012 at 9am.
Date: 17th to 19th February 2012
Venue: Knysna Yacht Club
- Hobie 14: R250 per boat
- Hobie 16: R450 per boat
- Party packs for non-competitors: R150 per person
* Please email Measurement Certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please email Entry Form and Measurement Certificate to email@example.com
For further information, please contact